Competition Terms & Conditions
These competition rules shall be binding on you when entering any competition(s) operated by us, our sponsors or any company or website owned or controlled by us from time to time.
In addition to these general competition rules, other specific terms and conditions may also apply to a particular competition. We will post any such specific competition rules on our website.
- Competitions are open to all UK residents aged 18 or over, except for employees of Farming Monthly Limited and any company associated to the specific competition, their families, or anyone else who is professionally associated with the competition.
- Only one entry per person is permitted, unless otherwise stated. Automated entries will be invalidated, including multiple entries from the same IP.
- The closing date is as specified in the relevant competition. This will always be a time and date in the UK. Where a time is not given, the closing time will be 11.59pm (UK time) on the relevant day.
- Proof of sending post/e-mail/SMS, making a phone call or completing an online entry, is not proof of our receipt of your entry. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost, delayed or damaged.
- All entries must be received by the closing date specified in the individual promotion/competition rules. All eligable entries received by the closing date have an equal chance of winning. Entries not submitted in accordance with the rules or incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified.
- Competitions are open to customers and non-customers. No purchase is necessary.
- The draw will take place on the date stated in the individual competition rules and winners will be formally notified (by email, post or phone) within 21 days of the closing date. Full details of the prize will be given in writing upon notification. Prizes must be claimed on or before the date stated in the individual competition rules.
- Any prize will be awarded to the first valid entry drawn at random by an independent, supervised individual. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into by Farming Monthly Limited in relation to that decision.
- Any prize is as specified in the individual competition rules. No alternative prizes may be requested although Farming Monthly Limited reserves the right to alter arrangements or prizes should this be unavoidable. There is no cash alternative and prizes cannot be transferred to any other person.
- Farming Monthly Limited will not be liable for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by any person taking part or not being able to take part in a competition.
- It is a condition of entry that any winner consents to their name and country of residence to be published on the website for 14 days after the closing date. Competition winners may be required to take part in or co-operate with post-event publicity.
- Competition winners agree to keep confidential any knowledge about Farming Monthly and its business and personnel received by them as a result of the competition.
- No responsibility is accepted for inaccurate prize details supplied by sponsors.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances the promoter reserves the right to alter, amend or foreclose the competition without prior notice.
- Use of false name or address, eg name by which the entrant is not usually known, will disqualify them from receiving any prize. Farming Monthly reserves the right to oblige any potential winner to provide documentary proof of their identity and address as directed by Farming Monthly before such person may claim their prize.
- We will keep your personal details for a reasonable time so that we can send you any prize that you have won, to verify that these rules have been complied with, and for accounting purposes. We may pass your details on to our service providers and agents for the purposes of sending you the prize on our behalf.
- These rules are governed by English law.
- To be entered into a Farming Monthly competition, entrants must complete their details in the manner specified for each competition. Your entry is valid provided you give us your contact details either through the entry form on www.farmingmonthly.co.uk or by writing to us. The postal address is as follows: FAO: Competitions, Farming Monthly National, 15-17 Dugdale Street, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV11 5QJ.
- We reserve the right to amend these rules at any time. By entering any competition all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and by any other requirements set out in the competition material.
- The competition promoter is Farming Monthly Limited, registered office 154 Rothley Road, Mountsorrel, Leicestershire LE12 7JX, registered number 06248005. Enquiries relating to the competition (including enquiries about the name of the eventual winner or the personal data collected about you as a result of your entry) should be addressed to “Competitions & Terms” and sent to Farming Monthly National 15-17 Dugdale Street, Nuneaton, Warwickshire CV11 5QJ. The competition is run via the Farming Monthly Limited website www.farmingmonthly.co.uk, within the Farming Monthly National printed magazine and the associated digital edition. Entrant details provided will be used only for informing winners of results and will thereafter be destroyed, unless wider use has been permitted by the entrant. Farming Monthly Limited reserves the right to disclose the name of the winner on request from a third party.